What is the Fibre Broadband?
Ultra Fast Fibre Broadband is New Zealand’s new landline phone and internet network.
Fibre is designed to provide you with access to all the benefits of fast and reliable internet services, wherever you live. MyRepublic uses Fibre infrastructure combined with our purpose built network for Ultra Fast Fibre Broadband to deliver you SuperFast Unlimited Internet.
SuperFast & Unlimited Fibre
MyRepublic wants everyone to experience Fibre the way its meant to be- SuperFast and Unlimited. That’s why we offer unlimited data and the fast Broadband up to Fibre Pro 1Gbps speed tier. You can receive speeds of up to 950Mbps download and 500Mbps upload.
Why are there different speeds?
TheUltra Fast Fibre network is being rolled out across New Zealand delivering internet and home phone access, which is why your speed may vary based on being in Fibre or VDSL coverage. To find out more about this go to the ‘More info on Speed’ section.
The Fibre speed tiers below refers to Fibre nominal access line speed (not actual download speeds achievable) and the fastest available speed tier depends on your location:
- For Fibre services that are connected via Fibre to the Premises (FTTP), MyRepublic will provision you on the ‘Fibre Pro 1Gbps speed tier’. You can choose two speeds either Fibre Pro with speeds of up to 950Mbps download and 500Mbps upload or Fibre 100 with speeds up to 100Mbps download and 20Mbps upload
Actual throughput speeds may be slower and could vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users simultaneously using the network and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by MyRepublic. We recommend you connect directly via an ethernet cable rather than Wi-Fi to experience your maximum speeds.
Speed can be affected by many factors such as:
- Hardware: You will need a modem capable of connecting you to the Fibre network which can handle the high speeds available to you. MyRepublic provides a Wi-Fi Hub+ which provides 1600 AC Wi-Fi Speeds. In large premises or in buildings with thick walls, Wi-Fi performance can often be the slow point in a Fibre connection, for optimum performance we recommend connecting directly to your modem via an Ethernet cable.
- Network links: External network factors such as physical location of host computer, global Internet link between MyRepublic and the destination and the backhaul network between your premises and MyRepublic congestion on domestic and international links can be present during peak times.
- Users: The amount of local users and devices in use at one time. Even with the high speeds of the internet it is possible to use all available bandwidth at once, which will affect the overall speed experience.
- Software: There are many applications and programs that access the Internet. These may be running in the background on your device which can use up some of your accessible bandwidth.
- Multiple users on your connection- and the applications being used. The more simultaneous streaming, gaming and downloads will affect the amount of bandwidth available to your connection.
MyRepublic is a Retail Service Provider of internet services.
What this means is that although we may provision your service at the fastest speed available and provision bandwidth to ensure a good contention ratio is available for your broadband usage- there are some factors that are outside our control. Examples include:
- The Fibre technology available at your location.
- Congestion at our wholesale partners network level
Your experience is our priority
We optimise our network for streaming to give you the best experience.
Low cost Home Phone calls
Experience our ultra-low pay as you go rates and unlimited local phone calls.
You don’t need to worry about silly data caps with MyRepublic since all our plans come with SuperFast, Unlimited data, at one low price.
New Zealand Customer Service
When you need to get in touch with us, our support team are all based here in New Zealand. Contact us via phone, email or live web-chat.
Upgrade to Gamer Pro to enjoy a network geared towards gaming, Static IP, Unlimited Downloads and Gamer Support.
Choose our no lock in month-to-month plan if you don’t want commitment. Perfect for renters.
Our Wi-Fi Hub+ Modem supports both VDSL and Fibre networks so it’s future proofed if Fibre hasn’t arrived in your area or if you move house.
Join over 150,000 People
With customers in Singapore, Indonesia and Australia, and now in New Zealand, you can be confident that you are joining the market leader in Next-Gen networks.
We’d hate for you to get stuck. Our support team is available weekdays 8am – 8pm and weekends 10am – 6.30pm to assist you.