LegalTerms and Policies
MyRepublic [email protected] – End-User Terms and Conditions
These End-User Terms and Conditions (“End-User T&Cs”) apply to MyRepublic Ltd (“MyRepublic”)’s [email protected] service (“Service”).
As you are using the Service within a premise not within our control, you may be subject to further legal obligations imposed by the premise provider for Service use.
All references to “we”, “us” and “our” are to MyRepublic, while all references to “you” and “your”, are to the individual who is using the Service.
- The Service is offered to you free of charge until further notice, regardless of the time of your application (“Free Service Period“). We shall have the sole discretion to decide whether to discontinue the Free Service Period at any time we deem fit without incurring any liability to you. We also reserve the right impose charges for the Service thereafter. We will inform you of relevant charges (if applicable) after the Free Service Period.
- For the avoidance of doubt, these Service Terms, including any amendments thereto, shall continue to apply after the Free Service Period as long as the Service is provided.
- You shall comply with the registration and application procedure prior to using the Service, which will constitute acceptance of these Service Terms, and any amendments thereto.
- Your name, email and contact number is required to register your access to the Service. Your lawful use of the Service shall be contingent on you furnishing accurate information during the registration/ application procedure and our approval of the same.
- The Service must be used in the following manner:
(a) You must login to the [email protected] network in order to access the Service;
(b) You shall use the Service in a responsible manner taking into account the effects of your use of the Service may have on other users and the network;
(d) You shall be solely responsible for all activities initiated from your Service account and devices when accessing [email protected]; and
(e) You shall be responsible for ensuring that the operating system (OS) and anti-virus software installed in your devices are up-to-date.
- You must not use the Service or allow anyone else to use the Service:
(a) For any unlawful, illegal, malicious or improper purpose;
(b) To misuse the Service in any manner deemed inappropriate by us;
(c) To knowingly transmit a computer virus or other malicious computer programme;
(d) In a way which interferes with the its availability for other users or otherwise interferes with the proper operation of the Service;
(e) To generate excessive network traffic such as broadcasting and sending massive messages and unsolicited emails;
(f) To access or damage another’s computer system without permission;
(g) To infringe intellectual property rights;
(i) To disclose confidential information of another person;
(j) To store, publish, display, distribute or post material that is obscene, offensive, defamatory, and abusive or that is in violation of any law;
(k) To enable a minor to access material that is inappropriate for a minor;
(l) To harass any person;
(m) To conduct or promote a business that is illegal; and
(n) To breach any laws or third-party rights or to breach any standards, content requirements or codes promulgated by any relevant authority or industry body.
- Violations of Clause 5 and 6 above may result in demand for:
(a) Immediate removal of offending material;
(b) Immediate temporary or permanent filtering, blocked access, suspension or termination of your Service account; and
(c) Any other action appropriate to the violation as determined at our or Info-communications Media Development Authority of Singapore (“IMDA”) sole discretion and all rights and remedies available to us or IMDA with respect to such activities at law.
- You are responsible for providing a device compatible with the Service. The Service is available to your device only when it is within the range of the premise provider’s wireless LAN. We shall not be liable for any compatibility issues pertaining to your’ computers, applications or other software on any computers using the Service.
- The Service may be updated from time to time. We may change the Service if such change is necessary due to mandatory legislation or a decision by a competent authority or the change relates to the changes by third party licensor or hardware or software manufacturer to its products or license terms.
- We do not guarantee the suitability of the Service for any specific application or purpose intended by you. Connectivity, data transfer speed and/or signal strength may vary or fail altogether due to certain factors which are not within our control, including, but not limited to, building structure, building material, natural or artificial barriers, electrical or electromechanical interference and/or weather conditions. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from such interference or failure.
- Due to the nature of the Service, there is an inherent risk of wrongful, illegal or unauthorised access by third parties to your computer(s) and/or account(s). You hereby acknowledge and accept the risk of such wrongful, illegal or unauthorised access and hereby agree that we shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from such activities.
- You may take steps to secure your device including but not limited to installing anti-virus or malware protection. The Service is “as is” and “as available”. We take no responsibility for the security, confidentiality or privacy of the communications and/or data transmitted over the Internet and does not warrant (and expressly excludes any and all express or implied warranties) that the Service will be without failure, delay, interruption, error or loss of content, data or information or that any identified defect will be corrected or that our systems are secure. We are not liable for any loss of data related to or caused by the Service.
- Certain websites may contain inappropriate material and may have been blocked using a filtering software. This software may not always prevent access to such material and we are not responsible if any unsuitable sites have not been blocked.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the General Terms & Conditions, we shall not be liable to you for any loss of revenues, loss of profits, loss of business or business interruption, liability, costs and/or damage whatsoever (whether direct, indirect or consequential) in respect of any matter howsoever arising (whether in tort, negligence or otherwise) in connection with the provision and/or use of the Service.
- Notwithstanding clause 16 above, where you are entitled to make a claim for loss, costs, liability and/or damages from us, we will not be responsible in aggregate beyond $100.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the General Terms & Conditions, you shall indemnify us from and against all losses, costs, liability and/or damages arising out of or in connection with any third party intellectual property rights claims against us in relation to your use of the Service.
- We reserve the right to disable your login user ID , or terminate your Service account at any time if we determine at our sole discretion that you have failed to comply with the Service Terms..
- We reserve our right at our absolute discretion to discontinue and/or suspend the Service whether in whole or in part without any liability whatsoever to you.
- We reserve the right to post advertising or promotional content or messages at our access website. You hereby provide express consent to MyRepublic to use your information for the transmission of such advertising or promotional content or messages.
- A person (including any user) who is not a party to this Service Terms has no right to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53B).
- These Service Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
Last updated 17 July 2019