LegalTerms and Policies
Wi-Fi Hub Warranty Terms
These Warranty Terms & Conditions (these “Warranty Terms”) apply to the purchase, lease and/or use of MyRepublic Ltd (“MyRepublic”)’s Wi-Fi Hub router (“Wi-Fi Hub Router”).
In addition to these Warranty Terms, the provisions of the following shall also apply, as applicable, and are deemed incorporated by reference:
- MyRepublic’s General Terms and Conditions;
- MyRepublic’s Broadband, Value-added and Business – Terms & Conditions; and
All references to “we”, “us”, “our” and “ourselves”, are to MyRepublic, while all references to “you” and “your”, are to the customer who purchased and/or us using the Wi-Fi Hub Router.
By purchasing the Wi-Fi Hub Router, you are taken to have agreed to all the terms of this these Warranty Terms and any amendments thereto.
- Every Wi-Fi Hub Router purchased from us shall be covered by a warranty for a period of two (2) years (the “Warranty Period”), but only as against defects in quality and materials under normal on-own-premises use, and in the case of residential, under normal and non-commercial use. This Wi-Fi Hub Router is for your personal or company use, and not for re-sale.
- The Warranty Period shall begin from the date of Wi-Fi Hub Router delivery.
- Unless otherwise specified, this warranty covers the hardware components of the Wi-Fi Hub Router as originally supplied and the software packaged together with the Wi-Fi Hub Router. For the avoidance of doubt, minor imperfections within design specifications and that do not materially alter functionality of the Wi-Fi Hub Router are not covered under this warranty.
- Notwithstanding the generality of clause 3, this warranty is only applicable to cases of defects in material, design and workmanship, and does not cover the Wi-Fi Hub Router under the following non-exhaustive scenarios.
- Any damage or failure to the Wi-Fi Hub Router arising from incorrect installation, abuse, use not consistent with its normal purposes or the instructions and technical or safety standards prescribed in the product user manual, impact or accidental damage.
- Defects resulting from usage of the product in conjunction with accessories that are not approved by us for use with this product.
- Periodic checks, maintenance, repair and replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear.
- Damage caused by other electronic devices connected to the Wi-Fi Hub Router.
- Hacking of the router firmware, or tampering with the Wi-Fi Hub Router or security seals.
- Introduction of computer viruses.
- Accidents, Acts of God, lightning, power surge damage, water, fire, public disturbances, improper ventilation, voltage fluctuations or any external event beyond our control.
- For the avoidance of doubt, we shall not in any way be liable under this warranty to repair, replace or refund any Wi-Fi Hub Router which we may, at our sole discretion, decide as being excluded under these Warranty Terms due to breach of the Warranty Terms, invalidation of the warranty, expiry of the Warranty Period, or other reasons. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may at our sole discretion agree to repair a Wi-Fi Hub Router excluded under these Warranty Terms, on the condition that you pay an appropriate service fee for the repair.
- This warranty excludes any swapping of the Wi-Fi Hub Router for any other product, router or cash/credit.
- When requesting for the troubleshooting of your Wi-Fi Hub Router, you must produce either the Service Application Form, the Customer Acceptance Form or the invoice in relation to the Wi-Fi Hub Router, whichever is applicable. If you fail to produce the Service Application Form, the Customer Acceptance Form or the invoice in relation to the Wi-Fi Hub Router, whichever is applicable, we may, at our sole discretion, reject your request to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi Hub Router.
- In the event of defect falling within the Warranty Period and scope of this warranty as stipulated under these Warranty Terms:
- If you are an active MyRepublic Fibre Broadband subscriber in Singapore, we will send a technician to your premises to troubleshoot the Wi-Fi Hub Router at no cost to you. If, upon sending a technician to your premises to troubleshoot the Wi-Fi Hub Router, no defect was found, a fee (a “No Fault Found Fee”) shall be levied against you. For the purposes to determining a No Fault Fee, you agree that our decision in relation to whether there is a defect falling within the scope of these Warranty Terms is final.
- If you are NOT an active MyRepublic Fibre Broadband subscriber in Singapore, you will need to bring your Wi-Fi Hub Router to our Singapore office as prescribed on our official website at URL: https://myrepublic.net/sg for any replacement or servicing of your Wi-Fi Hub Router.
- For replacement of a defective Wi-Fi Hub Router, please return the original, defective Wi-Fi Hub Router to us at our Singapore office as notified on our official website at URL: https://myrepublic.net/sg before you may receive a replacement Wi-Fi Hub Router.Our decision on any request for replacement of a Wi-Fi Hub Router is final.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we shall not be in any way liable for any consequential, incidental, indirect, special or similar damages whatsoever arising from or in connection with the use, inability to use or performance of the Wi-Fi Hub Router, including without limitation loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of opportunity, loss of business, loss of goodwill, loss of reputation, failure to realise savings or other benefits, loss of use of the Wi-Fi Hub Router or any associated equipment, loss of or damage to other property due to the malfunction of the Wi-Fi Hub Router, costs of substitute equipment, loss due to downtime cost, costs of recovering, reprogramming or reproducing any program or data stored in or used with a system containing the Wi-Fi Hub Router, or loss, damage, corruption or compromise of data, whether due to breach of warranty, strict liability, product liability, the negligence of ours, or otherwise, even if we is aware of the possibility of such damages.
- Without prejudice to the application of clause 10 above, in no event shall any recovery against us for any loss, damage, costs and expenses exceed the actual price paid for the purchase of the Wi-Fi Hub Router.
- We do not warrant that the Wi-Fi Hub Router will be uninterrupted or error-free. All implied terms in law, including any implied terms as to fitness for purpose or satisfactory quality, are excluded.
- You agree that the remedies contained in these Warranty Terms are your only remedies against us with respect to your purchase, lease and/or use of the Wi-Fi Hub Router.
- Nothing in these Warranty Terms shall be deemed or construed to be a policy of insurance between MyRepublic and you.
- If any part thereof of these Warranty Terms is held to be void, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid and enforceable, and the remainder shall not in any way be affected exclude or limit liability for personal injury or death resulting from our negligence or impaired thereby.
- This Agreement shall be deemed to have been made in Singapore and the construction, validity and performance of this Agreement shall be governed in all respects by its laws. The parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.