Wi-Fi Hub+ Quick Start Guide
- View and download a copy of our Wi-Fi Hub+ Quick Start Guide
- View our User Guides here
What do I use the Wi-Fi Security Card for?
- Every Wi-Fi network has a unique name or (“SSID”) and password (also called a network key). Your Wi-Fi Hub+ has a unique network name and network key. You can find these on the magnetic Wi-Fi Security Card supplied with your Wi-Fi Hub+ or on the label on the back of your device.
How do I connect my Wi-Fi Hub+ to my Broadband service?
- Once you have received notification from MyRepublic that your service is active, it is time to set up your Wi-Fi Hub+.
- Simply follow the instructions in the Wi-Fi Hub+ Quick Start Guide included with your modem delivery.
What is the difference between 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Wi-Fi connections?
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz are simply different Wi-Fi (wireless) frequencies. The primary difference between the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wireless frequencies are range and bandwidth. 5Ghz provides faster data rates at a shorter distance, where as 2.4Ghz offers coverage for further distances, but may perform at slower speeds. Depending on where you are in your home you can switch between the two connections to optimise your Wi-Fi performance.
Can I bring my own modem?
- As part of your connection, MyRepublic provides you with a pre-configured Wi-Fi Hub+ that has been engineered and tested on the MyRepublic network. This allows easy plug and play set up as well as allow MyRepublic the ability to remotely assist you with any troubleshooting. If you choose to use an alternative device, we aren’t able to assist you with set up or troubleshooting.
What is power cycling and how does it help?
- Power cycling is when you turn your modem off and turn it back on again via the main power switch. This allows the modem to refresh. If you are experiencing anyissues, we recommend power cycling both the modem and any attached equipment or devices. Power down the modem for at least 2 minutes before powering your device back on.
How can I access my modem set up wizard?
- We dont recommend you change the network settings on your Wi-Fi Hub+ unless you are technicially confident to do so.
- To access the Wi-Fi Hub+ set up wizard, connect your spare Ethernet cable into an Ethernet port on your computer, then type 192.168.1.1 into your web browser
Username is admin
Password is admin