MyRepublic is no longer selling broadband in NZ. If you are after broadband check out the 2degrees website. We still do unlimited mobile data plans at the speed you need.
We’ve communicated to our valued customers on the 5th of July via email.
Preparations for the move to 2degrees will start over the coming weeks and customers will be kept fully informed of the process.
The transfer to 2degrees will run over a two-month period commencing in August.
MyRepublic has made the difficult decision to exit broadband services in New Zealand after nearly nine years to refocus on the Singaporean market.
MyRepublic has been on the lookout for the perfect home for our valued broadband customers.
We think 2degrees fits the bill perfectly, being independently voted as NZs fairest telco in 2023, with a fast and reliable network and a focus on customer service with a NZ-led care team.
With the exception of MyRepublic Mobile, all the other services you might have on your account like home phone, static IP or any rental routers will be transferred over to 2degrees.
This applies to both consumer and business customers.
Note that mobile is staying put at MyRepublic – so you can still buy, change or add mobile connections as you do today.
There is nothing you need to do on your end for us to transfer your broadband and related services to 2degrees in the background.
But either way we’ll contact you via SMS and/or email a few days before the transfer is about to happen and again once the transfer has been successful.
Before the transfer has occurred you can contact MyRepublic via live chat as is the case today.
Once the transfer has been successfully completed you can contact 2degrees for any customer care or service issues going forward.
Your existing records with MyRepublic (including your personal information and payment-related information) will be securely transferred via an encrypted protocol and shared with 2degrees.
This is necessary to ensure that your services continue to work after the transfer is complete.
The way your private information is collected, used and disclosed will remain in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020.
Please note, that if you decide not to move to 2degrees your customer information will not be shared with them.
There are no significant or adverse differences to the way your customer information will be handled by 2degrees.
Your automatic payment on credit/debit cards or direct debit will transfer across to 2degrees – no action is required from you.
The only change required by you, will be to set up a 2degrees account to view your monthly bill once you are switched over.
2degrees will email you once the transfer is complete with simple instructions to do this.
1. The amount you pay for your internet, voice plans and other add-on’s like routers and static IP will stay the same
2. Your automatic payment on credit/debit cards or direct debit will transfer across to 2degrees – no action is required from you
3. Your plan speed and associated products/add-on’s will remain the same
4. Your bill date remains the same
5. You can use the same modem/router you are using today, no change of modem/router is required
6. Your current rights of termination should you choose to leave will stay the same with 2degrees
If you do not want to transfer to 2degrees, you can cancel your broadband contract without worrying about any penalty or termination fee.
You’ll need to speak to one of our friendly customer care agents to cancel your broadband service/s on live chat.
Cancellation requires a month’s notice and if applicable, for you to return or pay the remaining balance on any hardware added to your account like a rent to own router.
Once you are successfully transferred over there are a few changes to be aware of:
1. The amount of time you have to pay your bill will reduce from 14 to 7 days.
2. For customers that pay by credit or debit card there will be a 1.75% fee on each transaction
3. For customers that have a voice pack, the out-of-bundle calling rates will change to 2degrees’ standard rates. Those calling rates and available voice packs can be found here
4. If you use the MyTalk app, this service will no longer be available when you move to 2degrees
5. You’ll need to set up a new account to view your bills online – 2degrees will email you to let you know how to do this once you are on board
6. The general terms and conditions of your plan will be amended and replaced with the 2degrees terms and conditions which can be found here
7. There will be new contact details for support:
Also please note that any credit balances will not transfer over to 2degrees. If you have a credit balance you can request a refund here
You should not experience any interruption to your broadband services.
But if you do, please reset your modem/router by unplugging it at the wall, wait a few minutes and then plug it in again.
If this has not resolved the problem, you can contact us on live chat during our normal hours.
If your contact info is up to date there is nothing further required from you.
We will keep you updated via email and/or SMS when:
● Your transfer is scheduled in
● Your transfer to 2degrees was successful
You’ll receive an email from 2degrees with more information and to welcome you onboard once the transfer has been successfully completed.
No you will not need to change anything. Whether you have a BYO modem or a router from us it should work as usual.
But if you do encounter issues, please reset your modem/router by unplugging it at the wall, wait a few minutes and then plug it in again.
If this does not resolve the issue before the move to 2degrees has happened you can contact us on live chat.
If the issue occurs after the transfer is successfully completed, then please contact 2degrees.
Your current rights of termination should you choose to leave* will stay the same with 2degrees. This will be based on the terms and conditions related to the MyRepublic plan you are currently on.
If the broadband transfer was not successful then you should speak with the MyRepublic team via live chat in the first instance to try and resolve the issue.
Most orders for Fibre broadband which are in a processing state will be connected to the MyRepublic network first, before being transferred to 2degrees. Please speak to our team on live chat for an update on the status of your order.
Note that Mobile is staying put at MyRepublic – so you can still buy, change or add mobile as you can today. This means your current plan pricing, speed, inclusions and any discounts you may already have will be staying the same.