Simple & Powerful
To help maximise your MyRepublic Broadband, we provide you with a choice of modems so you can customise your service depending on your needs.
Wi-Fi Hub+ Modem
- Compatible for VDSL, Fibre services
- Telephone port to connect your MyRepublic Business Phone service
- Experience AC1600 technology for excellent Wi-Fi performance
- Select from 2.4GHz or 5.5GHz Wi-Fi frequency
- Connect up to 10 Wi-Fi devices simultaneously
- High Speed 2.0 Media Sharing USB Port
- 4 Ethernet ports
- 1 WAN port
Free on Essential 100 & 200 plans
TP-Link Archer C9
- Compatible for Fibre Broadband services
- Wireless AC1900 WiFi
- Supports 802.11ac, the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Simultaneous dual band networks, 2.4GHz (600Mbps) and 5GHz (1300Mbps)
- 3 dual band detachable antennas provide maximum omni-directional wireless coverage
- Beamforming technology locates wireless devices to create a stronger connection
- Powerful 1GHz dual-core processor
- USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports to easily share printers, files, and media across your network
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet Port
- 1 WAN Port
Free on Essentials Pro, Business 200 & Gig. Upgrade for $179.99 on Essentials 100 & 200.
Now you are getting a fantastic Super-Fast MyRepublic service, it’s time to consider which modem you need for your business.
The MyRepublic Wi-Fi Hub+ has AC1600 technology and is dual band, providing a good modem for small businesses.
The TP-Link C9 (AC1900) and Linksys EA8500 (AC2600) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router combines ultra-fast next generation Wi-Fi with Gigabit Ethernet and a dual-core processor for enhanced performance, with advanced AC SmartBeam which can bring dead zones back to life by delivering individual beams of bandwidth where you need it. 4 Gigabit ports give you lightning fast wired connections and dual USB ports let you access content on your network. These routers are perfect for businesses needing the additional level of modem features or wireless coverage.
Wireless Bandwidth consideration
Wireless-AC has wider bandwidth capabilities of 80 MHz (and an optional 160 MHz). By comparison, older N-Series Modems bandwidth was only 20 or 40 MHz. Imagine the MHz as lanes on a highway: 20 MHz represents 2 lanes and 80 MHz represents 8 lanes. The more lanes available, the larger the amount of data that can pass through simultaneously, giving you the maximum performance connection speed.
What is Multi Input Multi Output (MU-MIMO)?
MU-MIMO allows communication with 4 different devices at the same time where you only used to be able to connect one. No longer is there a queue of connectivity on a router waiting for availability. With Wireless-AC, more devices can connect instantly to a single router, with less interference or disruptions.
Why have 2 bands?
Both Modems use wireless-AC with a choice of the 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz bands. 5Ghz has the ability to transfer data at faster speeds so people will use the 5GHz frequency most of the time, but if you are on the edge of your Wi-Fi Modem’s reach, use the 2.4 GHz network as it is slower but more stable when you are further away from your connection point.