- A new connection will vary depending on if you have current technology in place or if you need an onsite appointment with a technician.
- Generally, a new connection can take between 3-20 business days.
- Once you submit your order you will receive a welcome email to your nominated address with details about the connection process, if you don’t receive this, please check your SPAM/JUNK folder.
- Please don’t disconnect your service until you have been advised by us that your MyRepublic service is up and running.
- Look out for further communications from MyRepublic about your connection, we will contact you:
- When we have dispatched your modem – you will receive an SMS informing you of expected delivery date, remember, someone needs to be available to sign for your modem.
- If we need additional information to be able to proceed with your order.
- If we need to schedule an appointment at your premises and you need to be in attendance. When there is a network appointment to facilitate your service connection, usually the activation of your service will be completed within 2 days of this appointment, we will confirm when it is time to plug in your modem and connect to the MyRepublic network via Email & SMS – look out for these.
- When your home phone service has been completed and is ready to use.
- If at any time you need to follow up on the progress of your connection, go to the Contact Us page and complete the Order Enquiry Form.
- Please note, if you are in an nbn™ New Development or HFC area, connection times can be longer depending on availability of technicians.
You can order a service online or alternatively call Customer Service on 1300 130 888 and we can take your order over the phone.
If you connect on a 12 Month contract, you only pay $1 upfront and will receive our Wi-Fi Hub+ Modem, if you choose the no-lock in contract there is a $99 upfront fee including Wi-Fi Hub+. Your monthly plan fee will only be charged once your service becomes active.
MyRepublic wants everyone to experience nbn™ the way its meant to be- SuperFast and Unlimited. That’s why we only offer unlimited data and the fastest nbn™ speed available at your location – up to ‘nbn™ 100’ speed tier*. You can receive speeds of up to 100Mbps download and 40Mbps upload nominal nbn™ access line speed.
*nbn™ speed tiers refer to nominal access line speed (not actual download speeds achievable) and the fastest available speed tier depends on your location.
- For nbn™ technologies such as Fibre to the Node (FTTN) and Fibre to the Basement (FTTB) there will be a Co-Existence Period for the first 18 months after nbn™ is installed in your area. During this period, exchange based ADSL &/or special services may co-exist on the same network infrastructure as nbn™ services and your speed may be affected, this is due to the line being shared with existing copper services as well as the distance from the exchange. nbn™ will notify you at the end of the Co-Existence period when all copper services will be removed and your speeds will improve. For nbn™ services on the Fixed Wireless (FW) network the maximum nbn™ speed tier* is ‘nbn™ 50’, you can receive speeds of up to 50Mbps download and 20Mbps upload nominal nbn™ access line speed.
- *nbn™ speed tiers refer to nominal access line speed (not actual download speeds achievable) and the fastest available speed tier depends on your location.
- If you are on a FTTN or FTTB service, once your service has been transferred to MyRepublic, your connection with your previous service provider will automatically cancel.
- If you are on a Fixed Wireless (FW) & Fibre to the Premise (FTTP), please retain your existing connection with your previous ISP until you have set up your MyRepublic connection, once you are up and running, contact your previous ISP to cancel your previous connection.
- If you have an ADSL service and are moving to an nbn™ service, once your service has been transferred to MyRepublic, your connection with your previous service provider will automatically cancel.
- If you connect to a MyRepublic ADSL plan, once nbn™ is available we will contact you to organise and provide you the fastest speed available at your location up to 100Mbps nominal access line speed.
- Your MyRepublic Wi-Fi Hub works on both ADSL and nbn™ networks so it’s a simple process of changing cables and connection once we notify you that nbn™ is available.
- If you have selected the MyRepublic 12 month contract, your contract is with MyRepublic not with the plan, so it simply moves over to your new nbn™ connection.
An nbn™ ready ADSL connection can take up to 20 business days depending on whether an appointment is required to connect your service. We will send you SMS and email updates with information on the progress of your service activation.
We provide you the first available appointment available, if you need to reschedule your appointment please contact Customer Service on 1300 130 888 at least 3 working days before your scheduled appointment date to arrange. For our contact details please click here.
If your details, such as your modem delivery address, payment information or contact details change after you have submitted your order, please contact Customer Service on on 1300 130 888 as soon as possible. We will assist you over the phone to update your details.
- If you have existing telecommunication infrastructure into your home today, you will not pay for nbn™ installation if we connect your service on your existing infrastructure.
- If you don’t have any telecommunication infrastructure at your current home, have had existing telecommunication infrastructure removed, or would like a second line into the property a $300 New Development Charge or $300 Subsequent Installation charge of may apply. In this instance, we will contact you and seek agreement to proceed.
- If you would like a service connected
- For more information on the nbn™ New Development Charge please click here.
Customers who are in the nbn™ Fibre to the Node or Fibre to the Basement footprint have a period of 18 month from when nbn™ was officially available to make the switch to nbn™. During this period nbn™ powers down the speed to ensure customers who are still yet to make the switch and still on the old telecommunications network are not impacted.
On 1 April 2016, nbn™ introduced a New Development Charge which is applicable to all nbn™ Service Providers. If your premises has been classified by nbn™ as a new development, MyRepublic will need to pass on the charge from nbn™ of $300 inc. GST. We will contact you if this is the case and seek permission to charge you for this, unfortunately if you decline this charge we are unable to proceed with your order.
- Your appointment date can be rescheduled due to the following reasons, this is outside of our control:
- High workload with technicians in the area;
- Adverse weather conditions where it has been deemed unsafe to carry out the installation of the service and;
- Additional Infrastructure is required to connect your home, that cannot be completed within the assigned appointment.
- We know circumstances may change and you may be required to cancel your order when your service is yet to be connected. You can cancel your order without penalty and your modem payment refunded by:
- Contacting Customer Service prior to receiving notification that your service has been activated and we will access your account.
- Return your modem in ‘as-new’ condition (modem is un-opened and unused with security seal in place) via the pre-paid return bag provided by MyRepublic within 30 days of receiving the pre-paid return bag.
- Once we have received the modem in ‘as new’ condition – your initial modem payment will be refunded to you, and your account is closed.
- If you do not return your modem within the time frame outlined above and you selected a 12-month service term and paid $1 for your modem we will charge you an additional $98 to recover the cost of the modem.
If your MyRepublic Broadband service has been connected and you select to cancel your service, you can request cancellation by:
- Contacting Customer Service to request cancellation of your service.
- If you have selected to cancel your Broadband service and have selected a 12-month term and you are still within your contract period an early termination fee of $199 will be applicable.
- You are not required to return your modem to MyRepublic.
Gamer Pro PlayStation® Redemption Promotion
New MyRepublic customers who signed up for the 12-month Gamer Pro Plan between 28 July 2017 and 31 August 2017 and new customers who sign up for the Super-Fast Gamer Pro Bundle plan between 1st September 2017 and 30th November 2017 are eligible for a $200 PlayStation® redemption code. The code can be used for a $200 discount redeemable via the online Sony store for a:
PlayStation®4 Pro or
The promotion period for the 12-month Gamer Pro Plan is between the 28 July 2017 and 31 August 2017. Customers have until 31 October 2017 to use their $200 redemption code.
The promotion period for the Super-Fast Gamer Pro Bundle plan is between the 1st September 2017 and 30th November 2017. Customers have until 31 December 2017 to use their $200 redemption code.
Once you have received your redemption code from us, the codes can be redeemed online at the following links:
Enter the promotion code in the cart summary page, once submitted the price will be updated accordingly.
Note: the redemption code is unique and can only be used once.
- Redemption codes must be redeemed by the date outlined in your offer.
- Redemption codes are not transferrable
- Redemption codes cannot be redeemed for cash or credit
- Redemption codes cannot be sold or given away
- Redemption codes can only be used at http://store.sony.com.au
A full list of terms and conditions for this promotion can be found here.
Once your order has been accepted and we can provide you with a service we will send you an email asking which product you want a redemption code for – this can be up to 3 working days from the date you place your order. Simply complete the form and we will send you your code within 5 working days.
Please keep an eye on your junk / spam folder to ensure that our redemption code confirmation email does not go into those folders.
In order to receive a redemption code, the following steps need to have been completed:
- You need to have signed up for a 12-month Gamer Pro or the Super-Fast Gamer Pro Bundle plan – (month-to-month plans are not eligible)
- We will email you and ask you to select either the PlayStation®4 Pro or the PlayStation®VR
- Once you have submitted your request, please allow 5 working days for the code to be sent to you.
Note: be sure to check your junk / spam folder to make sure the redemption code confirmation email has not gone into your spam folder.
If you have completed all the above steps and 5 working days has elapsed since you submitted your request and you still have not received your code then contact us and we will check this for you.
Unfortunately you can only use your redemption code for the product you have selected.
Unfortunately you can only use your redemption code at the Sony Online store.