How can I apply for a new service?
- You can order a service online or alternatively call Customer Service on 1300 130 888 and we can take your order over the phone.
How much does it cost to connect to MyRepublic?
- If you connect on a 12 Month contract, you only pay $1 upfront and will receive our Wi-Fi Hub+ Modem, if you choose the no-lock in contract there is a $99 upfront fee including Wi-Fi Hub+. Your monthly plan fee will only be charged once your service becomes active.
What does the ‘Fastest nbn™ Speed’ mean?
- MyRepublic wants everyone to have the best experience on the nbn™- that’s why we give everyone the fastest speed available at their location up to 100Mbps download.
Why do different locations have different maximum speeds?
- For nbn™ technologies such as Fibre to the Node (FTTN) and Fibre to the Basement (FTTB) there may be a Co-Existence Period. During this period, exchange based ADSL &/or special services may co-exist on the same network infrastructure as the nbn™ services. In this case, optimal speeds may not be possible due to interference from equipment or network provided by other services. During this time- you will receive speeds between 50Mbps-100Mbps. For nbn™ services on the Fixed Wireless (FW) network the maximum speed possible is 50Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload.
How long does it take to connect MyRepublic nbn™ Broadband service?
- A new nbn™ connection will vary depending on if you have current nbn™ technology in place or if you need an nbn™ technician appointment.
- Generally, a new connection will take between 3-20 business days.
- Once we have confirmed your order we will send you SMS and email updates with information on the progress of your service activation.
- Please note, if you are in a New Development Area connection times may vary depending on your infrastructure and nbn™ requirements.
When should I cancel my previous service?
- If you are on a FTTN or FTTB service, once your service has been transferred to MyRepublic, your connection with your previous service provider will automatically cancel.
- If you are on a Fixed Wireless (FW) & Fibre to the Premise (FTTP), please retain your existing connection with your previous ISP until you have set up your MyRepublic connection, once you are up and running, contact your previous ISP to cancel your previous connection.
- If you have an ADSL service and are moving to an nbn™ service, once your service has been transferred to MyRepublic, your connection with your previous service provider will automatically cancel.
What does nbn™ ready mean?
- If you connect to a MyRepublic ADSL plan, once nbn™ is available we will contact you to organise and provide you the fastest speed available at your location up to 100Mbps.
- Your MyRepublic Wi-Fi Hub works on both ADSL and nbn™ networks so it’s a simple process of changing cables and connection once we notify you that nbn™ is available.
- If you have selected the MyRepublic 12 month contract, your contract is with MyRepublic not with the plan, so it simply moves over to your new nbn™ connection.
How long does it take to activate a MyRepublic ADSL Broadband service?
- An nbn™ ready ADSL connection can take up to 20 business days depending on whether an appointment is required to connect your service. We will send you SMS and email updates with information on the progress of your service activation.
The appointment time I have been provided isn’t suitable-can I reschedule?
- We provide you the first available appointment available, if you need to reschedule your appointment please contact Customer Service on 1300 130 888 at least 3 working days before your scheduled appointment date to arrange.
How can I update my details after I have submitted my order?
- If your details, such as your modem delivery address, payment information or contact details change after you have submitted your order, please contact Customer Service on on 1300 130 888 as soon as possible. We will assist you over the phone to update your details.
Do I need to pay for my nbn™ appointment?
- If you have existing telecommunication infrastructure into your home today, you will not pay for nbn™ installation.
- If you don’t have any telecommunication infrastructure at your current home or have had existing telecommunication infrastructure removed, a $300 New Development Charge may apply. In this instance, we will contact you and seek agreement to proceed.
- For more information on the nbn™ New Development Charge please click here.
What is an nbn™ co-existence period?
- Customers who are in the nbn™ Fibre to the Node or Fibre to the Basement footprint have a period of 18 month from when nbn™ was officially available to make the switch to nbn™. During this period nbn™ powers down the speed to ensure customers who are still yet to make the switch and still on the old telecommunications network are not impacted.
How long does it take to activate my new nbn™ Broadband service?
- A new nbn™ connection can take between 3-20 business days depending on whether an nbn™ appointment is required to connect you to the nbn™. We will send you SMS and Email updates with information on the progress of your service activation.
How long does it take to activate my MyRepublic nbn™ ready Broadband service?
- A new ADSL connection can take up to 20 business days depending on whether an appointment is required to connect your service. We will send you SMS and Email updates with information on the progress of your service activation.
Can I reschedule my appointment?
- Yes, if you need to reschedule your appointment please contact Customer Service at least 3 working days before your scheduled appointment date. For our contact details please click here.