- A new connection will vary depending on if you have current technology in place or if you need an onsite appointment with a technician.
- Generally, a new connection can take between 5-20 business days.
- Once you submit your order you will receive a welcome email to your nominated address with details about the connection process, if you don’t receive this, please check your SPAM/JUNK folder.
- Please don’t disconnect your service until you have been advised by us that your MyRepublic service is up and running.
- Look out for further communications from MyRepublic about your connection, we will contact you:
- When we have dispatched your modem – you will receive an SMS informing you of expected delivery date, remember, someone needs to be available to sign for your modem.
- If we need additional information to be able to proceed with your order.
- If we need to schedule an appointment at your premises and you need to be in attendance. When there is a network appointment to facilitate your service connection, usually the activation of your service will be completed within 2 days of this appointment, we will confirm when it is time to plug in your modem and connect to the MyRepublic network via Email & SMS – look out for these.
- When your home phone service has been completed and is ready to use.
- If at any time you need to follow up on the progress of your connection, go to the Contact Us page and complete the Order Enquiry Form.
- Please note, if you are in an nbn™ New Development or HFC area, connection times can be longer depending on availability of technicians.
At service qualification we provide information on what nbn™ technology is servicing your address, this is based on information provided to us by nbn™ at the time you look up your address. Sometimes nbn™ will change the roll out of their services, hence this is a best efforts service.
The table below outlines the upfront cost including the Wi-Fi Hub+ modem when you order a MyRepublic broadband service. This includes delivery.
Your monthly plan fee will only be charged once your service becomes active.
|Plan Name||Service Term||Upfront cost including Wi-Fi Hub+ modem|
|Unlimited Essential or Unlimited Premium||24 Month Term||$1|
|Unlimited Essential or Unlimited Premium||12 Month Term||$60|
|Unlimited Essential or Unlimited Premium||Month to Month||$120|
|Gamer Essential or Gamer Premium||12 Month Term||$1|
|Unlimited Broadband Bundle||24 Month Term||$1|
|Unlimited Broadband Bundle||12 Month Term||$60|
|Unlimited Broadband Bundle||Month to Month||$120|
The table below outlines the upfront cost including the Halo modem when you order a MyRepublic broadband service. This includes delivery.
Your monthly plan fee will only be charged once your service becomes active.
|Plan Name||Service Term||Upfront cost including Halo modem|
|Unlimited Essential or Unlimited Premium||24 Month Term||$99|
|Unlimited Essential or Unlimited Premium||12 Month Term||$159|
|Unlimited Essential or Unlimited Premium||Month to Month||$219|
|Gamer Essential or Gamer Premium||12 Month Term||$99|
|Unlimited Broadband Bundle||24 Month Term||$99|
|Unlimited Broadband Bundle||12 Month Term||$159|
|Unlimited Broadband Bundle||Month to Month||$219|
Upfront costs stated above does not include any promotional pricing.
MyRepublic provides the choice of two nbn™ plans for customers connected to the nbn™ via FTTP, FTTN, FTTB, FTTC and HFC technologies.
- Unlimited Essential: This is associated with the nbn™ 50^ product which provides a maximum access line speed of 50Mbps (download) and 20Mbps (upload)
- Unlimited Premium: This is associated with the nbn™ 100^ product which provides a maximum access line speed of 100Mbps (download) and 40Mbps (upload)
For nbn™ services that are connected via Fixed Wireless (FW) the only available plan is the Unlimited Essential plan (uses nbn™ 50^) due to the maximum download speed of Fixed Wireless technology being 50Mbps nominal access line speed.
|nbn™ technology||nbn™ Tier^|
|FTTP||nbn™ 50 or nbn™ 100|
|HFC||nbn™ 50 or nbn™ 100|
|FTTN, FTTB and FTTC||nbn™ 50 or nbn™ 100|
^nbn™ 50 and nbn™ 100 refers to nominal access line speed. Speeds on both plans are variable and you will typically experience slower speeds than the maximum access line speed available on your plan, particularly during peak times (7-11pm). Your speed will vary based on the technology connecting your location to the nbn™ and will vary for a number of reasons including the content being downloaded by the end-user, your distance and the quality of the copper from the node, basement or curb for FTTN, FTTB and FTTC services, backhaul networks (including the performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by MyRepublic), and your hardware and software configuration. Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable.
- For nbn™ technologies such as Fibre to the Node (FTTN), Fibre to the Basement (FTTB) and Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) there will be a co-existence period for the first 18 months after nbn™ is installed in your area. During this period, exchange based ADSL &/or special services may co-exist on the same network infrastructure as nbn™ services and your speed may be affected, this is due to the line being shared with existing copper services as well as the distance from the exchange.
- For nbn™ services on the Fixed Wireless (FW) network the maximum nbn™ tier* is ‘nbn™ 50’, this tier provides a maximum access line speed of 50Mbps (download).
- If you have selected to transfer your existing service to MyRepublic, your connection with your previous service provider should automatically cancel, however, we recommend that you check with your previous provider once your MyRepublic service is activated to ensure they have closed your account and ceased billing you for the service.
- If you are on a Fixed Wireless (FW) & Fibre to the Premise (FTTP), please retain your existing connection with your previous ISP until you have set up your MyRepublic connection, once you are up and running, contact your previous ISP to cancel your previous connection.
- If you connect to a MyRepublic ADSL plan, once nbn™ is available you can arrange to upgrade to the nbn™.
- Your MyRepublic Wi-Fi Hub+ or Halo modem works on both ADSL and nbn™ networks so it’s a simple process of changing cables and connection.
- If you have selected the MyRepublic 12 or 24 month contract, your contract is with MyRepublic not with the plan, so it simply moves over to your new nbn™ connection.
An nbn™ ready ADSL connection can take up to 20 business days depending on whether an appointment is required to connect your service. We will send you SMS and email updates with information on the progress of your service activation.
We provide you the first available appointment available, if you need to reschedule your appointment please contact Customer Service on 1300 130 888 at least 3 working days before your scheduled appointment date to arrange. For our contact details please click here.
If your details, such as your modem delivery address, payment information or contact details change after you have submitted your order, please contact Customer Service on on 1300 130 888 as soon as possible. We will assist you over the phone to update your details.
- If you have existing telecommunication infrastructure into your home today, you will not pay for nbn™ installation if we connect your service on your existing infrastructure.
- If you don’t have any telecommunication infrastructure at your current home, have had existing telecommunication infrastructure removed, or would like a second line into the property a $300 New Development Charge or $300 Subsequent Installation charge of may apply. In this instance, we will contact you and seek agreement to proceed.
- If you would like a service connected
- For more information on the nbn™ New Development Charge please click here.
For customers who are connected to the nbn™ via Fibre to the Node, Fibre to the Basement or Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) technology have a period of 18 month from when nbn™ was officially available to make the switch to nbn™. During this period nbn™ powers down the speed to ensure customers who are still yet to make the switch and still on the old telecommunications network are not impacted. Your speed may be affected due to interference from equipment or network provided by other services.
On 1 April 2016, nbn™ introduced a New Development Charge which is applicable to all nbn™ Service Providers. If your premises has been classified by nbn™ as a new development, MyRepublic will need to pass on the charge from nbn™ of $300 inc. GST. We will contact you if this is the case and seek permission to charge you for this, unfortunately if you decline this charge we are unable to proceed with your order.
- Your appointment date can be rescheduled due to the following reasons, this is outside of our control:
- High workload with technicians in the area;
- Adverse weather conditions where it has been deemed unsafe to carry out the installation of the service and;
- Additional Infrastructure is required to connect your home, that cannot be completed within the assigned appointment.
On the 27th November 2017, nbn™ announced their new initiatives to raise the standard of service quality on the nbn™ HFC network. nbn™ is temporarily pausing all new orders over the HFC network from the 11th December 2017.
See how this initiative may affect you:
– New nbn™ HFC customers joining MyRepublic: If you are in a serviceable nbn™ HFC area, you need to place your order with MyRepublic by the 9th of December 2017.
– Active MyRepublic nbn™ HFC customers: If you have a current MyRepublic nbn™ HFC service, you don’t need to do anything, nbn™ is working in the background to optimise the network.
– If you have already submitted your order for a MyRepublic nbn™ HFC connection: If you submitted your order prior to the 9th of December 2017, you don’t need to do anything, your order will be completed in due course.
Once nbn™ has completed the work to connect your home to the nbn™ Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) network, MyRepublic will notify you via email and SMS that your service is now active and ready to be used. Once you have received the notification from MyRepublic you can now proceed to set up your nbn™ FTTC Connection Device and your MyRepblic modem. Once set up, your equipment it may take up to 15 minutes to successfully connect to the nbn™ network. The set up will be complete once the DSL and Connection light on the nbn™ Connection Device turns solid blue.
We know circumstances may change and you may be required to cancel your order when your service is yet to be connected. You can cancel your order without penalty and your modem payment refunded by contacting Customer Service prior to receiving notification that your service has been activated and we will access your account.
- If you select to cancel an order in progress and it is within 20 business days of order submission you must return your modem in ‘as-new’ condition (modem is un-opened and unused with security seal in place) at your own expense to MyRepublic within 30 days.
- If you select to cancel an order in progress that has exceeded the connection time frame of 20 business days, MyRepublic will provide a pre-paid return satchel/label return for you to return your modem in ‘as-new’ condition (modem is un-opened and unused with security seal in place).
- Once we have received the modem in ‘as new’ condition – your initial modem payment will be refunded to you, and your account is closed.
- If you do not return your modem within the time frame outlined above and you selected a 12 or 24-month service term the below additional charges will apply to recover the cost of the modem.
Plan Name Service Term Wi-Fi Hub+ Modem
Unlimited Essential or Unlimited Premium 24 Month Term $119 $120 Unlimited Essential or Unlimited Premium 12 Month Term $60 $60 Unlimited Essential or Unlimited Premium Month to Month $0 $0 Gamer Essential or Gamer Premium 12 Month Term $119 $120 Unlimited Broadband Bundle 24 Month Term $119 $120 Unlimited Broadband Bundle 12 Month Term $60 $60 Unlimited Broadband Bundle Month to Month $0 $0
If your MyRepublic Broadband service has been connected and you select to cancel your service, you can request cancellation by:
- Contacting Customer Service to request cancellation of your service.
- If you have selected to cancel your Broadband service and have selected a 12-month term and you are still within your contract period an early termination fee of $199 will be applicable.
- You are not required to return your modem to MyRepublic.
Gamer Pro Swiftpoint Z Redemption Promotion
New MyRepublic customers who signed up for the below plans during the promotional period are eligible for a $200 Swiftpoint Z redemption code. The code can be used for a $200 discount redeemable via the online Swiftpoint store for a Swiftpoint Z gamer mouse.
- This offer is available to new MyRepublic Account Holders who order the nbn™ Gamer 50 or nbn™ Gamer 100 plan between the 15th March 2018 – 2nd August 2018.
Once you have received your redemption code from us, the codes can be redeemed online at the following link:
Enter the promotion code in the cart summary page, once submitted the price will be updated accordingly.
Note: the redemption code is unique and can only be used once.
- Redemption codes must be redeemed by the date outlined in your offer.
- Redemption codes are not transferrable
- Redemption codes cannot be redeemed for cash or credit
- Redemption codes cannot be sold or given away
- Redemption codes can only be used at https://www.swiftpoint.com/au-myrepublic
A full list of terms and conditions for this promotion can be found here.
Once your order has been accepted and we can provide you with a service we will send you an email with your code within 5 working days.
Please keep an eye on your junk/spam folder to ensure that our redemption code confirmation email does not go into those folders.