What is the nbn™?
The nbn™ is Australia’s new landline phone and internet network.
nbn™ is designed to provide you with access to all the benefits of fast and reliable internet services, wherever you live. MyRepublic uses nbn™ infrastructure combined with our purpose built network for National Broadband Networks to deliver you SuperFast Unlimited Internet.
SuperFast & Unlimited nbn™
MyRepublic wants everyone to experience nbn™ the way its meant to be- SuperFast and Unlimited. That’s why we only offer unlimited data and the fastest nbn™ speed available at your location – up to ‘nbn™ 100’ speed tier. You can receive speeds of up to 100Mbps download and 40Mbps upload nominal nbn™ access line speed.
*nbn™ speed tiers refer to nominal access line speed (not actual download speeds achievable) and the fastest available speed tier depends on your location.
Why are there different speeds?
The nbn™ network is being rolled out across Australia delivering internet and home phone access using a mix of technologies, which is why your speed may vary based on the nbn™ technology available at your location. To find out more about this go to the ‘More info on Speed’ section.
Here is a guideline based on the different nbn™ technologies available. Your speed may vary depending on what nbn™ technology connects your house. The nbn™ speed tiers below refers to nbn™ nominal access line speed (not actual download speeds achievable) and the fastest available speed tier depends on your location:
- For nbn™ services that are connected via Fibre to the Premises (FTTP), MyRepublic will provision you on the ‘nbn™ 100 speed tier’. You can receive speeds of up to 100Mbps download and 40Mbps upload nominal nbn™ access line speed.
- For nbn™ services that are connected via Fixed Wireless (FW), MyRepublic will provision you on the ‘nbn™ 50 speed tier’. You can receive speeds of up to 50Mbps download and 20Mbps upload nominal nbn™ access line speed.
- For nbn™ services that are connected via Fibre to the Node (FTTN) or Fibre to the Basement (FTTB), MyRepublic will provision you on the ‘nbn™ 100 speed tier’. You can receive speeds of up to 100Mbps download and 40Mbps upload nominal nbn™ access line speed. Please note customers on FTTN and FTTB services will experience a Co-Existence Period for the first 18 months after nbn™ is installed in your area. During this period, exchange based ADSL &/or special services may co-exist on the same network infrastructure as nbn™ services and your speed may be affected, this is due to the line being shared with existing copper services as well as the distance from the exchange. nbn™ will notify you at the end of the Co-Existence period when all copper services will be removed and your speeds will improve.
Actual throughput speeds may be slower and could vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users simultaneously using the network and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by MyRepublic. We recommend you connect directly via an ethernet cable rather than Wi-Fi to experience your maximum speeds.
Speed can be affected by many factors such as:
- Hardware: You will need a modem capable of connecting you to the nbn™ network which can handle the high speeds available to you. MyRepublic provides a Wi-Fi Hub+ which provides 1600 AC Wi-Fi Speeds. In large premises or in buildings with thick walls, Wi-Fi performance can often be the slow point in a nbn™ connection, for optimum performance we recommend connecting directly to your modem via an Ethernet cable.
- Network links: External network factors such as physical location of host computer, global Internet link between MyRepublic and the destination and the backhaul network between your premises and MyRepublic congestion on domestic and international links can be present during peak times.
- Users: The amount of local users and devices in use at one time. Even with the high speeds of the internet it is possible to use all available bandwidth at once, which will affect the overall speed experience.
- Software: There are many applications and programs that access the Internet. These may be running in the background on your device which can use up some of your accessible bandwidth.
- Multiple users on your connection- and the applications being used. The more simultaneous streaming, gaming and downloads will affect the amount of bandwidth available to your connection.
MyRepublic is a Retail Service Provider of internet services.
What this means is that although we may provision your service at the fastest speed available and provision bandwidth to ensure a good contention ratio is available for your broadband usage- there are some factors that are outside our control. Examples include:
- The nbn™ technology available at your location.
- If you are in a co-existance period
- If you are on a technology such as FTTN or FTTB
- Congestion at our wholesale partners network level
Your experience is our priority
MyRepublic was built specifically to maximise the user experience on National Broadband Networks using our flexible traffic priority system.
Low cost Home Phone calls
Simply plug your phone into your MyRepublic Wi-Fi Hub+ Modem and experience our ultra-low pay as you go rates or choose from one of our unlimited home phone plans.
You don’t need to worry about silly data caps with MyRepublic since all our plans come with SuperFast, Unlimited data, at one low price.
Australian Customer Service
When you need to get in touch with us, our support team are all based here in Australia. Contact us via phone, email or live web-chat.
Upgrade to Gamer Pro to enjoy a network geared towards gaming, reduced latency, unlimited downloads and Gamer Perks.
Choose our no lock in month-to-month plan if you don’t want commitment. Perfect for renters.
Our Wi-Fi Hub+ Modem supports both ADSL and nbn™ networks so it’s future proofed if nbn™ hasn’t arrived in your area or if you move house.
Join over 150,000 People
With customers in Singapore, Indonesia and New Zealand, and now in Australia, you can be confident that you are joining the market leader in Next-Gen networks.
Our tech support team is available 8am-10pm to help you.
nbn™, nbn co, Powered by nbn™, Retail Service Provider of nbn™ and other nbn™ Brands are trademarks of nbn co limited and used under licence.