Super-fast & unlimited nbn™
MyRepublic wants everyone to experience nbn™ the way its meant to be, super-fast and unlimited, that is why all our data plans are unlimited and we only provide premium nbn™ 50 and nbn™ 100 speed tiers.
What is Gamer Pro?
MyRepublic is the first Australian ISP to deliver an internet product specifically built for Gamer’s. On the Gamer Pro plan we prioritise gamer traffic and shape the routes our Gamer Pro customers use to connect to overseas game servers, customising and optimising the online gaming experience. Gamer Pro comes with Static IP and gamer perks when you sign up to a 12 month Unlimited nbn™ 50 or nbn™ 100 plan.
What is the nbn™?
The nbn™ is Australia’s new landline phone and internet network.
nbn™ is designed to provide you with access to all the benefits of fast and reliable internet services, wherever you live. MyRepublic uses nbn™ infrastructure combined with our purpose built network for National Broadband Networks to deliver you SuperFast Unlimited Internet.
Why are there different speeds?
The nbn™ network is being rolled out across Australia delivering internet and home phone access using a mix of technologies, this is why your speed will vary based on the nbn™ technology available at your location. When you enter your address we will tell you the maximum line speed based on information from nbn™. Please note, if you are on an FTTN or FTTB connection, we recommend that you start with the nbn™ 50 plan to see what line speeds you can achieve before upgrading.
nbn™ connects homes and businesses across Australia via 6 different technologies. This means your speed can vary depending on what nbn™ technology connects your house.
- For nbn™ services that are connected via Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) ,Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC) or Fibre to the Curb (FTC) you can choose either the Standard Plus (nbn™ 50) or Premium nbn™ 100 speed tier.
- For nbn™ services that are connected via Fixed Wireless (FW), the maximum available is the ‘nbn™ 50 speed tier’.
- For FTTN/B services, when you enter your address at service qualification, you will be provided with an indication of line speed by nbn™, however this doesn’t take into consideration the quality of the copper or that exchange based ADSL &/or special services may co-exist on the same network infrastructure as nbn™ , this can affect your speed. If your service has been identified as being in co-existence we recommend selecting the nbn™ 50 speed tier. Once active if you are receiving maximum speeds of up to 50Mbps, contact Customer Service if you want to upgrade to the nbn ™ 100 Speed Tier.
Actual throughput speeds may be slower and could vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users simultaneously using the network and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by MyRepublic. We recommend you connect directly via an ethernet cable rather than Wi-Fi to experience your maximum speeds.
For more information click here.
Speed can be affected by many factors such as:
- Hardware: You will need a modem capable of connecting you to the nbn™ network which can handle the high speeds available to you. MyRepublic provides a Wi-Fi Hub+ which provides 1600 AC Wi-Fi Speeds. In large premises or in buildings with thick walls, Wi-Fi performance can often be the slow point in a nbn™ connection, for optimum performance we recommend connecting directly to your modem via an Ethernet cable.
- Network links: External network factors such as physical location of host computer, global Internet link between MyRepublic and the destination and the backhaul network between your premises and MyRepublic congestion on domestic and international links can be present during peak times.
- Users: The amount of local users and devices in use at one time. Even with the high speeds of the internet it is possible to use all available bandwidth at once, which will affect the overall speed experience.
- Software: There are many applications and programs that access the internet. These may be running in the background on your device which can use up some of your accessible bandwidth.
- Multiple users on your connection- and the applications being used. The more simultaneous streaming, gaming and downloads will affect the amount of bandwidth available to your connection.
MyRepublic is a Retail Service Provider of internet services.
What this means is that although we may provision your service at premium nbn™ speeds and provision bandwidth to ensure a good contention ratio is available for your broadband usage- there are some factors that are outside our control. Examples include:
- The nbn™ technology available at your location.
- If you are in a co-existance period
- If you are on a technology such as FTTN or FTTB
- Congestion at our wholesale partners network level
For more information click here.
Your experience is our priority
MyRepublic was built specifically to maximise the user experience on National Broadband Networks using our flexible traffic priority system.
Low cost home phone calls
Simply plug your compatible telephone into your MyRepublic modem. All our plans provide unlimited calling to Aussie landlines or choose from one of our unlimited home phone plans.
You don’t need to worry about silly data caps with MyRepublic since all our plans come with super-fast, unlimited data, at one low price.
We are available via phone, email or live web-chat. The Contact Us page has our opening hours.
Upgrade to Gamer Pro to enjoy a network geared towards gaming, unlimited downloads, Static IP and Gamer Perks. Game on.
Our no lock-in contract gives you flexibility and all our modems work with both ADSL & nbn™ networks.
Our modems supports both ADSL and nbn™ networks so it’s future proofed if nbn™ hasn’t arrived in your area or if you move house.
Join Over 250,000 People
With customers in Singapore, Indonesia and New Zealand and Australia, you can be confident that you are joining the market leader in Next Generation Networks.
Our tech support team is available 8am-10pm on weekdays and 8am-8pm AEDST on weekends.
nbn™, nbn co, Powered by nbn™, Retail Service Provider of nbn™ and other nbn™ Brands are trademarks of nbn co limited and used under licence.