Senior Systems Engineer
As a Senior Systems Engineer at MyRepublic you will leverage your expertise to architect network systems. You will plan, implement, and manage systems and related infrastructure and work closely with network engineering and OSS/BSS development teams. You will develop system tools, policies, and procedures as well as mentor other engineers in your area of expertise. You will also work on routine system performance analysis, recurring system maintenance, system troubleshooting, system administration and more.
- Identify and define system requirements for MyRepublic Australia & New Zealand.
- Design system architecture and develop detailed system designs.
- Configure and troubleshoot system infrastructure devices.
- Tier 3 operational support for MyRepublic’s Australia & New Zealand network systems.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Systems incident management and communications.
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating systems.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience with network technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools.
- Thorough understanding of the latest system principles, techniques, and protocols
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Experience with Cacti, Nagios, Syslog, Rancid & other network management systems
- Experience with RADIUS, mySQL, PostgreSQL databases
- Strong Implementation and system integration experience in Systems and protocols (eg Linux/UNIX, DNS, AAA, DHCP, NFS, LDAP, iSCSI etc)
- Scripting and automation (e.g. Shell, Perl, Python etc.) is a must.
- Experience in ISP or Vendor supporting Service Providers
- Professional Linux Certificates (LPI/RHCE) added advantage
- Experience with virtualization Technologies (VMWare ESXi, Hyper-V, OracleVM, XEN)
- Experience with cloud based technologies (OpenStack)
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Cisco CCNA
If you are open-minded, hard-working, solutions driven and committed then this could be a fantastic opportunity for you.
While we ask for a lot – we give a huge amount in return. Challenging projects. Fast paced delivery. Rapid expansion, Cutting edge technology. Swift growth. Huge responsibility.
In short – we’re a small, close knit team which is extremely supportive and collaborative. With an open environment where your ideas and suggestions will always be listened to, a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to be part of the future successes of MyRepulic.